Established in 1999, Next Link is the leading provider of domestic abuse services to women and children in Bristol and South Gloucestershire. At Next Link we are committed to providing holistic, empowering and personalised support and advocacy to women and children experiencing domestic abuse. With a focus on survivor’s safety and recovery; we believe the provision of flexible support tailored to survivors need’s can be transforming, helping to maximise independence and self-determination so survivors can make informed choices.
Are you passionate about empowering victims of domestic abuse to make informed choices about their and their families’ lives? If yes, would you like to join the largest independent provider of domestic abuse service in Bristol?
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with experience of supporting victims of domestic abuse. As a community outreach support worker you will provide a co-ordinated package of emotional and practical support, advice and advocacy to survivors of domestic violence and their children who may have moved out of safe house, are already living in the community or who are still in abusive relationships. You will support victims/survivors to live independently and assist in their recovery, empowering them to increase their options and make positive decisions improving their confidence, community and social networks and safety.
The successful Candidate will have:
- an understanding of the impact of domestic abuse on women, men (South Glos only) and children
- experience of carrying out needs and risk assessments, co-producing risk management and safety plans with women, men (South Glos only) and children experiencing domestic abuse
- experience providing support to individuals to sustain/ manage their tenancies and avoid tenancy breakdown
- an understanding of cultural diversity and domestic abuse
- the ability to provide respectful, non-judgemental, and confidential support to women, men (South Glos only) and their children
- a full driving licence and access to transport
- Up to 30 days annual leave (depending on length of service)
- 3 extra holidays including International Women’s Day
- Excellent development and training opportunities
- Employer pension contribution (minimum 5% of your gross salary)
- Mindful Employer Plus Scheme
- Cycle to Work Scheme
- Long Service Awards
- Wellness Awards
How to apply:
If you are motivated, resourceful and passionate about empowering female victims of domestic abuse apply for this role and work as part of a team to contribute to the valuable work Next Link and its wider services, delivering hope and support to survivors of domestic violence and abuse.
Please download the application pack and complete the application form. Please submit your application by 9am, Monday 25th March 2019. Please do not send CVs. Interviews will be held on Thursday, 28th March 2019.
or contact us by email: HR.Enquiries@missinglinkhousing.co.uk
Telephone: 0117 925 0680
Next Link, 5 Queen Square, Bristol BS1 4JQ
Next Link is part of Missing Link Housing