Next Link are committed to providing high quality community and outreach support to women and children who have or are experiencing domestic abuse, with a victim centred approach, focussing on their safety, recovery and resettlement in the community.
We are looking for a highly motivated individual with experience of supporting women who are victims of domestic abuse. As a community outreach support worker you will provide a co-ordinated package of emotional and practical support, advice and advocacy to survivors of domestic violence and their children who may have moved out of safe house, are already living in the community or who are still in abusive relationships. You will support victims/survivors to live independently and assist in their recovery, empowering them to increase their options and make positive decisions improving their confidence, community and social networks and safety.
The successful candidate will have:
- an understanding of the impact of domestic abuse on women and children
- experience of carrying out needs and risk assessments, co-producing risk management and safety plans with women and children experiencing domestic abuse
- experience providing support to individuals to sustain/ manage their tenancies and avoid tenancy breakdown
- an understanding of cultural diversity and domestic abuse
- the ability to provide respectful, non-judgemental, and confidential support to women and their children
- a full driving licence and access to transport
If you are interested in applying
or contact us by email: email@example.com
Telephone: 0117 925 0680
Next Link, 5 Queen Square, Bristol BS1 4JQ
Next Link is a progressive employer and offers a pension scheme, up to 30 days annual leave (depending on length of service) and 3 extra holidays including International Women’s Day in lieu. We have a commitment to training and development.
Next Link is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk of abuse, and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
Next Link is committed to Equal Opportunities.
All posts are exempt under section 7 (2) (f) of the Sex Discrimination Act 1975
Next Link is part of Missing Link Housing